Making Safety Simpler


Programs & Initiatives

Interprovincial COR® Reciprocity

As a member of the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (CFCSA), BCCSA has a signed agreement to grant COR® reciprocity between all provincial construction safety associations.

COR® Reciprocity can be granted to companies that are Large COR® Certified through a CFCSA member but do not have a permanent base of operations in the jurisdiction for which they are requesting reciprocity. A straightforward process is available for companies that have achieved Large COR® to request reciprocity in another jurisdiction.

Letter of COR® Reciprocity from the BCCSA

The requirements to obtain a Letter of COR® Reciprocity from the BCCSA are:

  • The company MUST NOT have a permanent base of operations in the province of BC.
  • The company MUST contact the provincial construction safety association in which it holds a valid Large COR® and request that the association submit an application for COR reciprocity on their behalf to the BCCSA.

If, upon review, the application is approved, BCCSA will issue the company a temporary letter of COR® reciprocity valid for up to six months. This letter will serve as the documentation for bidding on BC projects requiring COR® certification.

Should the company be successful in securing the contract, it will be required to achieve COR® Certification through the BCCSA COR® Program.

Letter of COR® Reciprocity from another Provincial Construction Safety Association

If your company holds a valid BCCSA Large COR® and is seeking temporary COR® reciprocity from another provincial construction safety association, please contact the BCCSA at or toll free at 1 (877) 860-3675.

BCCSA will complete and submit an application for COR® reciprocity on your company’s behalf to the provincial construction safety association in which COR® reciprocity is being sought.

Note: Some CFCSA members may require further efforts for your company to achieve “COR® Equivalency” (e.g. compliance declaration and/or provincial/territorial supplement.  The provincial construction safety association will work with your company directly to provide/review this information.